Saturday 11 May 2013

A Mother's day letter part 2

Check out yesterday's post for the first letter in this three part series for Mother's Day weekend ( thats right... I stretched out this special occasion )

To my Mom,
      This is the 26th Mother's Day that I have had the privilege of celebrating with you.  This Mother's Day is one of my favourites as I have a new appreciation for your love for me, as I have now entered the exciting world of motherhood.  
      I always knew you loved me, you showed me in so many different ways each day.  They way you made me a special Christmas dress each year, teaching me so many new things I don't have time to list them, encouraging me to work harder, letting me explore my creative side, and always being there to support me no matter how long of a drive or inconvenience to you.  You showed me love each day by making me feel safe, and happy, and pushing me to do more than I thought I could.  This last year as I became a mom I got a glimpse into your world and I started to understand just how deep your love for me was.  I get it now.  I get the decisions you made that frustrated me, I get your willingness to show up to my water polo games, and coach the swim team just to spend time with me, I get the rare trip you took away from us, it was never about you, it was about being a better mom to us after a little time away to refresh.  I get it now.  
   I am a better mom because of you.  I know I do things that you don't always understand, and have made choices for my family that is different than the way you would have done it, but I am thankful that your taught me to stand on my own two feet.  You have been an excellent example of all the qualities of a wonderful mom.  But to be honest that only thing that matters, and the thing that I am most thankful for is that you taught me about God, you encouraged me to get to know Him, and you lead by example.  
    You were not a perfect mom ( none of us are) but I never wanted a perfect mom, I always just wanted you.  Thank you for being an example of God's love in my life.  Thank you for being such an encouragement to me.  Thank you for being such an awesome Nana to my little girl.  Your love for her is such a gift to me,
Happy Mother's Day my sweet Mom! We Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment