Friday 10 May 2013

A Mothers day letter part 1....

I am blessed to be in the midst of Mothers Day weekend ( yes thats right, I have extended it from one day to a whole weekend) I have enjoyed reading other posts and watching videos about what a blessing moms are.  I have laughed and cried, I enjoyed special posts that talk specifically about being an adoptive parent, and felt the pain of those still waiting to be united with their child. The more I thought about what I wanted to say on a special mothers day blog post, the more the ideas morphed into a three part post.  So in the next three days I will share three letters that I hope will celebrate this very special weekend :)


A letter to my Mother-in-Law,
     There are no words to say how grateful I am for you.  I know I do not take the time to express it, but I think you are a wonderful Mom.  Each day I wake up and look into my Husband's eyes (your baby boy) and I see years of your love, tears, worry, joy, and wisdom poured into his life.  I am blessed to be able to spend my life with your son, and I am thankful for all the time you spent encouraging him to be the man he is today.  I know you led by example, and encouraged strongly for him to be a kind, responsible human being.  You taught him hard lessons, and encouraged him with a hug.  You spoiled him with the best chocolate chip cookies ( a recipe I wont attempt because I know I will never be able to replicate them).  
    This year I have the joy to celebrate Mothers Day with my little girl, and I thankful to know that you have helped shape me into the mom I am today.  Thank you for your love and support of my family.  But most importantly thank you for being my Husbands Mom.  Celebrating you each year is a joy and a privilege.  Thank you for all the love, encouragement and discipline you gave your son.  Thank you for letting me be apart of your family.  Thank you for loving my little girl so much, and spoiling her.
   Happy Mothers day! 
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment